Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2026

CrossActs Direct - Summer Edition

 


"'Mobius'? As in Mobius Computers? I dunno man, they're a big company, but I doubt they ever tried to have an entire planet named after themselves!" 

 


 

Welcome to Planet Nostal; Home of Laik, his friends and a civilization like no other... or at least, that's what had been largely believed up until this past spring.

When CrossActs began last year, it was firmly set within the Sonic the Hedgehog universe, albeit a rendition of it that blended elements of current continuity with that from the past such as Archie and the cartoons. Beginning after the events of Sonic Forces, CrossActs followed the further adventures of 'The Rookie', or as he's known as in this story, Laik the Wolf (Now Laik Drahcir).

While the foundation was built upon what Sega created with Sonic, the framework for the story was crossovers, and tons of them! I wanted to write fan fiction and play in worlds that already had structure and characters for whom I, and maybe potential readers, had some familiarity with.

Including our own.

 

So as CrossActs developed, the universe began taking on a life of its own, and since I already had a cast of developed characters (some more so than others), I started toying with the idea towards the end of the prequel arc that maybe, dealing with an elder god capable of crying tears that could bend reality might potentially have some massive consequences on defeat...

Two months out since the 119 chapter long prequel book wrapped up, I'm now beginning the outlining+writing process for book 2, which takes place a few months after 'The Day of the Tentacle', and is technically book 1.

The thing here is, while it's clearly Sonic the Hedgehog adjacent with its character design clearly inspired by the Sonic series, this is no longer a Sonic the Hedgehog story, nor is it related to Sega's flagship series in any form outside of potential crossover down the line once the planet hopping begins again.

As this is shifting itself away from being fan fiction focused, the characters are taking on new lives and altered designs as a result. Namely, the male characters will now be fully clothes and everyone else will be getting last names, with 'the [animal here]' being monikers.

Content Warnings

With the shift away from SEGA Sonic as its focus, CrossActs will be seeing a bump up in its age rating as I tackle heavier subjects and ramp up some character's lewd behavior, as well as the narration generally becoming more adult in nature.

Hence, CrossActs going forward will receive a 16+ age rating, with the following content warnings:

Lewd, borderline sexual behavior. Intense combat and action sequences. Occasional blood and gore. Scenes of horror.

I have no intention on making the main characters themselves, or anyone on their home planet, swear. Save for the occasional use of "hell", swear words as we know them don't exist in their vocabulary. That said, if Laik's adventures take him to a planet that have more colorful vocabularies, then yeah, the possibility of it rearing its head in the dialogue does become a thing.

And finally, on the subject of 'lewd, borderline sexual behavior', I just want to say that there won't be any sex scenes (though they may be implied). I believe I'll be shying away from depictions of genitalia for the most part.

That said, these are people with humanlike minds. Perversion is a thing in their culture, as is reverence and respect for the body. Characters like Eclair, who absolutely owns her sexuality and wields it with deadly force will collide with sleazy, predatory scumbags like Crowe Noctis, the Raven with hands he can't keep to himself.

None of these things were absent from CrossActs Zero, especially as far as gore went (I just loved making the mutations violent!), but now, out from under the Sonic umbrella, things are gonna mature just a bit. Tone-wise, the narrative will get a bit heavier when it needs to, but it's still going to be lighthearted overall, which for some may be a bit much when it clashes with horny animal people or them getting blown to pieces. =/

Finally, in addition to the main cast, a new, original villain will be entering the fray this time. A big, menacing dire wolf with a dark secret that could end all life on Nostal, one life at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment